RE: Temporary Closure of Mount Pleasant Child Development Center
MPCDC will suspend operations following the mandated closure of all public schools on Monday March 16 to Friday March 27,2020 as instructed by Governor Roy Cooper.
This decision comes after much discussion and reflection on the input from healthcare professionals concerning the prevention and spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and the potential to spread rapidly through our center.
We understand that this is hardship for the community and your family therefore we will offer reduced tuition (half rate) in an effort to ease the financial burden. If your family is experiencing an extreme hardship please contact the M.P.C.D.C. Director .
We will keep you updated on any changes to our current plan as they occur during this process. Please take care of yourself and your families by following these simple steps:
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very .sick
Marty Surratt, MPCDC Board of Directors, Chairperson
© Copyright Mt. Pleasant Child Development Center